BAFA membership runs for 12 months from the date of payment and costs £30, or £15 if you are an unsalaried PhD/MPhil student or retired. To start your membership today click the 'Sign Up Now' link (on the right) and follow the simple steps to pay for your subscription online and to set up your membership portal. Ensure your membership doesn't lapse, set up the recurring payment facility and enjoy the benefits without interruption.
- free subscription to The British Accounting Review (BAR), BAFA’s refereed and quarterly published journal—you will receive four copies of BAR during the 12 months from payment;
- eligibility to join BAFA’s Special Interest Groups, which include Accounting and Finance in Emerging Economies, Accounting Education, Auditing, Corporate Governance, Financial Accounting and Reporting, Financial Markets and Institutions, Interdisciplinary Perspectives, and Public Services and Charities;
- eligibility to join BAFA’s Regional Groups (Northern, Scottish, South Eastern, and South Western);
- eligibility to attend the various conferences—including the Annual Conference and the Doctoral Conference and, for professors, the Conference of Professors of Accounting and Finance (CPAF)—and seminars, research workshops, and summer schools organised by the sub-groups;
- reduced personal subscription rates for other journals, including Accounting Education and Critical Perspectives on Accounting;
- regular updates via our email news–you can view the archive here.
- BAFA is not a qualifying body for the purposes of practising accounting and finance, and members should not use or advertise their membership for business purposes;
- BAFA does not issue a membership certificate.